Wagamama at The Trafford Centre | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Wagamama at The Trafford Centre

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Wagamama at The Trafford Centre


On Monday 12th October, Wagamama finally opened their doors at The Trafford Centre. I'm a massive fan of Wagamama but up to now I've had to travel into Manchester to visit. The Trafford Centre is much closer and easier for me to get to. As it was a new store, customers could apply for tickets to try out their new menu for free. I jumped at this opportunity and took along my husband who had never been before!

 We had the opportunity to share a starter. We went for the Duck Gyoza, which is tasty fried duck dumplings served with a dipping sauce. We had a giggle when it arrived as five dumplings arrived and there were two of us. This reminded us of The Big Bang Theory episode where three of them order dumplings and the order comes with four! I was kind though and let Rory have three! There were delicious and I would love to try the other varieties in the future, especially pulled pork!


We were able to choose a main each. I am normally a creature of habit and always order a Chicken Katsu Curry. I decided to be a little more adventurous as we were there to try the new restaurant so I wanted a completely new experience. After a while, I settled on Wagamama Ramen. Ramen is a hearty bowl of hot soup filled with fresh ramen noodles, toppings and garnishes, all served in a traditional black bowl. I think Wagamama Ramen is their special as it came with grilled chicken, barbecued pork, prawns, chikuwa and mussels in a miso, ginger and chicken noodle soup. topped with half a tea-stained egg, menma and spring onions. It was absolutely delicious and I'm so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone! I think I have a new favourite!

Rory had heard me rant and rave about Chicken Katsu Curry from previous visits and decided to see what all the fuss was about. He absolutely loved it and would definitely order it again. Since our visit, he has said a couple of times, "I want Wagamama again!" Hopefully this means we will be back very soon!

For dessert, we had to have the Mochi Ice Cream, which are little balls of ice cream wrapped in a layer of sticky rice, served with sauce. We had the 'Mix It Up' version which allowed us to try all three flavours. I was only a fan of the raspberry flavour and would order these again, although there are some delicious looking desserts on the menu. Rory enjoyed the coconut and raspberry flavoured ones.

We both had a lovely afternoon at the restaurant and we will both be back very soon! The restaurant is lovely and is in a brilliant location, upstairs in The Orient (next to TGI Fridays). We were served by an extremely friendly and helpful waitress who explained everything to us clearly.

Thank you to Wagamama at The Trafford Centre!

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...