Time Saving Beauty Tips for Busy Women | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Time Saving Beauty Tips for Busy Women

Friday 23 October 2015

Time Saving Beauty Tips for Busy Women



Modern day living can be really hectic at the best of times. Sometimes we're so busy that it is all we can do just a run a brush through our hair in the morning. In all aspects of life people try to find ways to help them save time. With that in mind, why should our beauty regime be any different? Here are some of my favourite low-maintenance ways to help you save time getting ready.

BB cream
Most of us will apply moisturiser, wait for that to dry, and then apply foundation. Cut out a step with tinted BB cream. You will look fresh faced and your skin will be glowing thanks to the cream. Ready for a day at work, or a night on the tiles.

Dry shampoo
Dry shampoo is such a saviour when you don’t have time to wash your hair. If you have grease-prone hair and would prefer to not have to wash it every day, then dry shampoo is the answer. Before you go to bed, spray some of the dry shampoo into the roots of your hair. Overnight it will rub into your hair and absorb the oil. In the morning your hair will look clean and voluminous. Plus, you can buy a range of shampoos with different smells, so you are sure to find one that suits you.

You don’t have to do it before you go to bed, but when you spray dry shampoo it leaves white marks in your hair. If you do it in the morning you have to brush the white spray out of your hair, whereas leaving it overnight will let it rub in.

Permanent makeup
If you hate getting up in the morning and doing your makeup, try permanent makeup instead. You can get extra definition around your eyes, on your lips and eyebrows. You don’t have to worry about your makeup melting off when you go to the gym, or when you are out at the club. Imagine always having flawless brows! I have a friend who has had her brows done. They look fab!

Get easy waves in your hair
If you like having a natural kink to your hair, but can’t be bothered to waste time curling it, try plaiting wet hair instead. As your hair dries it will take on a wavy shape, so when you loosen the plait your hair will look incredible. This is something I have been a lot lately! I have thick, long hair which is naturally curly. It takes a long time to dry and a long time to straighten. When I’m short on time or simply can’t be bothered, I towel dry my hair and plait it before going to bed. I wake up with fabulous beach waves and they last two days in my hair!

Quick dry nail polish
The worst thing is when you spend so much time giving yourself the perfect manicure only to smudge it because you don’t have time to let it dry. Never let your manicure get wrecked again with quick dry nail polish. I was sceptical at first that the polish would really dry that quickly, but I remember the first time I used it I was ready to go minutes later. You can also buy top coats, sprays or drops which help your nail polish dry quicker.

Nail corrector pen
To complement the quick dry nail polish, you also need to get a nail corrector pen. This is great for people who can’t paint their nails without painting their fingers too. The pen allows you to clean up the messy bits, whilst leaving the nail intact. I can paint my left hand beautifully as I’m right handed but my right hand always looks like I’ve painted my nails with my eyes closed! I could definitely do with a nail corrector pen!

Have you got any other time saving beauty tips? Leave them below in the comments or tweet me @lostinlipstick

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...