10 Essential Steps to Beautiful Skin | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: 10 Essential Steps to Beautiful Skin

Thursday 15 October 2015

10 Essential Steps to Beautiful Skin

Credit


Beautiful skin doesn’t always come naturally. Many of us have skin problems, from red spots to scarring. I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and one symptom is acne. Even with some skin problems, if you’re determined and consistent, you can get beautiful skin. The following 10 steps are essential in any beautiful skin routine. Take a look:


1. Find Out Your Skin Type

You need to know your skin type if you want it to look its best. You can’t start using any old product and then wonder why it looks worse than it did before. Find out whether you have normal, oily, combination, or dry skin. You may also have sensitive skin. If you have no idea at all, there are helpful guides online, and somebody on a makeup counter should be more than happy to give you advice.

2. Use Products Specifically Designed for Your Skin Type

You need to use products specifically designed for your skin type to get the best benefits. I’ve heard people ask whether they should use dry products for oily skin and vice versa, as they get confused. No. You need to use products labeled oily for oily skin. Using products that aren’t designed for your skin type can lead to big problems. A beauty myth I hear over and over again is that you shouldn't use oil on oily skin. This is so wrong; you just have to use the right oil. You can get more info on products here. Never buy products just because you like the packaging! Something I think we are all guilty of!

3. Keep Up A Routine

You can’t expect to see results if you don’t keep up a routine. You should be practising your skincare routine every day, twice a day to see the best results. Make sure you read the instructions on the products you’re using though, just to be sure. It can take almost a month to see the effect as your skin is made up of many layers and works on a cycle. Don’t be disheartened if you don’t see results overnight!

4. Always Take Makeup Off Properly

Wearing makeup is fine providing you take it off properly. Don’t just use a wipe. You should be wiping off the surface makeup and then performing a double cleanse with a good cleanser to clean your skin. Sleeping with your makeup on is never ok. If you really can’t be bothered or you’ve just got home from a night out, leave your wipes next to your bed and use at least two of them. Then make sure you cleanse properly the next day!




5. Wash Makeup Brushes Regularly

If you use makeup brushes to apply your makeup, these should be washed regularly as they also hold a lot of bacteria. We're all guilty of being too lazy and not washing our brushes as often as we should. I try and aim for once a week and if something pops up or I really can't be bothered, I clean them every fortnight.

6. Change Towels Regularly

I have my own face towel and I change this regularly. Nobody else uses it to dry their hands or anything to stop the spread of bacteria. I swap it over every three days. I also use a muslin cloth or flannel to remove my cleansers. These are only used once before going in the washing machine.

7. Change Pillowcases Regularly

Your pillowcases can hold a lot of bacteria, so change them regularly to avoid transferring it back to your face. Something I always do is flip my pillow over half way between a bedding change.

8. Watch for Changes During Different Seasons

Anybodies skin can change at any time, but it’s especially common when the seasons change. Watch for these changes and change your products if you need to. This is especially common as we enter the colder months. Central Heating and the cold weather is to blame as our skin is exposed to hot and cold temperatures too frequently. I always switch my moisturiser for a more nourishing one. I always know when I need to do this as my lips dry out!


Credit



9. Drink Lots of Water

Water helps to clear the skin as it flushes out nasty toxins. It has lots of other benefits too, from weight loss to added energy. Get at least 2 litres a day and you’ll notice how great your skin looks in no time!

10. Eat Right

We are made from the food we eat, so it only makes sense to eat quality, natural food to look great. Processed rubbish and foods like that are going to make you look rubbish. That’s a fact. Eat right 80-90% of the time and allow treats every so often to keep skin looking amazing.

Use these tips and you’ll always have beautiful skin!

Rachel x

Follow me on Twitter // Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Bloglovin' // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...