Top Tip - How To Remove Glitter Nail Polish | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Top Tip - How To Remove Glitter Nail Polish

Saturday 11 January 2014

Top Tip - How To Remove Glitter Nail Polish

Along with every beauty blogger out there, I love wearing nail polish and even though I'm 26, I love to apply glitter nail polish. It just adds that extra sparkle to an outfit especially in the festive season or another celebration. However, applying nail polish can only mean one thing - a few days later, you need to remove said nail polish! The purchase of Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover took away the hassle of scrubbing your nails and it truly is magical until you need to remove glitter polish! It just doesn't work and instead it snags on the sponge. Trying to remove it the regular way, takes forever, uses about 100 pieces of cotton wool and your hands ache from scrubbing so hard! Follow this simple tip to minimise effort and it leaves zero amount of glitter on your nails. Seriously, it's takes less than 10 minutes, which sounds long, but you can just sit back and relax while it works it's magic!


You will need; cotton wool, nail polish remover (mine cost 99p from Morrisons!), kitchen foil and a pair of scissors. 


At Christmas and New Year, I love to wear glitter nail polish. If you can't wear glitter and sequins then, when can you?! Please excuse how chipped my nail polish is here. This was after a week of wear and I have a very naughty habit of picking off my nail polish! I only took the photo so you could see before and after!


The first step is to get your cotton wool. I only use five pieces of cotton wool as I cut them in half and just use a half per nail.


The next step is to take the kitchen foil and cut/tear it into strips that are long enough to wrap around your fingers. These will hold the cotton wool in place.


Once you have all your cotton wool and kitchen foil ready, you are ready to start. Take one piece of cotton wool and apply the nail polish remover.


Wrap the piece of cotton wool around your nail, making sure all of your nail polish is covered. Hold it at the back with you index finger on the same hand.


Take a piece of kitchen foil and wrap around your finger, on top of the cotton wool. This holds the cotton wool in place for the amount of time needed. 


Repeat for all of your other fingers. I usually do one hand at a time so I have a hand free to go on twitter or instagram!


Once all nails are covered, sit back and relax. You could also do this while you had a face mask on. I tend to leave mine on for 10 minutes just to be sure that all the nail polish has gone. If you wanted, you could experiment and test how long is actually needed. 


Once 10 minutes is up, removing the cotton wool and kitchen foil and you should be left with nail polish free nails. At this stage, I repeat with my other hand and once all my nails are clean, I wash my hands. I can't be the only one who has accidentally tasted nail polish remover because I haven't washed my hands afterwards. I also use a hand and nail cream and massage it into my nails to put back any moisture that the remover may have taken away. 

Have you ever used this method before? Do you have any other tips for removing nail polish?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

Follow me on Twitter // Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Bloglovin' // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...