My 2014 Resolutions | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: My 2014 Resolutions

Wednesday 1 January 2014

My 2014 Resolutions


Happy New Year! I know everybody says this but 2013 really has flown by! In September, Lost In Lipstick turned one and in November, Rory and I had been living in our house for a year! It really doesn't feel like a year since those things happened but 2013 has been a pretty awesome year. I am planning on writing a post all about my favourite moments of 2013, so make sure you keep your eyes peeled if you're wondering what was so great about 2013. 

Last year I didn't make any New Years Resolutions as I know I'm not very good at sticking to them. Who is?! However, I have a lot happening in 2014 and I would like to change a few things in my life for the better. I think if I publish my resolutions here, I may be more inclined to stick to them as they're on the internet for everyone to see and check up on. Hopefully, this time next year, I can report that I stuck to all of my resolutions. Has anyone ever stuck to their goals before?

I don't want to set too many targets as I know targets need to be SMART; Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. My job involves setting targets for SEN Children to meet termly and we have to try as much as possible to make them SMART. I'm just going to have two but many things come under each one. Anyway, enough rambling...

1. To become more organised and manage my time more effectively.

This year I am getting married! I've got so much to do between now and then but not enough time to do it! I also suck at being organised with my blog and life in general. I have already started to plan my blog posts in my new diary, I just have to stick with it for a whole year and not just a couple of weeks like my blog planner! I absolutely love blogging but I need to manage my time more effectively so I can fit it in. When I get home from work, I sit down on the sofa and before I know it, it's bedtime and I haven't blogged or done any housework (the latter I hate so I can understand why I put it off!) I am going to try and spend at least one hour every day on my blog. If there is a particular day or two that I cannot blog, it's not the end of the world as I will have blogged all the other days anyway so I won't be far behind. In an ideal world, I would like to blog about four times a week. I am going to be carrying on with my weekly Instagram posts, which will be published every Sunday, and I am going to be doing a new feature on a Monday, which will be published each week. This will be based around a motivational quote and may even link in with my resolutions! I am going to try and schedule posts so that I do not go days and days without blogging like I have this year. That way, I always have something to fall back on if I am ill or really busy in real life. 

Do you have any tips you can share for becoming more organised or how I can manage my time more effectively?

2. To become healthier.

I know that almost everybody has a New Years Resolution to become healthier but as I am getting married this year and both my hen do and honeymoon are abroad, I really need to tone up. I also eat far too much rubbish as you can see on my Instagram! Now I'm not going to go crazy and say I'm going to sign up with the gym because we all know that I will not go to the gym but I need to start exercising more even if it's just dancing on the WII or going on walks with Rory. In 2013, I started going to a weekly Zumba class with my friend, which I am loving. In 2014, I would like to carry on with this and I have Zumba on the WII so maybe I could do an extra hour or two a week. This resolution also ties in to my previous resolution as I will need to find time in order to exercise. I have a timetable at work for when I work with different year groups and I'm thinking I will create a timetable in the evenings to help me manage my time and I'll put time aside for blogging and housework as well as exercise. I know that's sad but it's the only thing I can think of. Do you have a different suggestion?

What do you do to stay healthy and how do you exercise?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...