Everyday Make Up #2 | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Everyday Make Up #2

Saturday 10 November 2012

Everyday Make Up #2











Eye Shadow - MUA Undressed Palette (review here)

Lipstick - Topshop Lipstick in Rumour Has It

My last 'Everyday Make Up' post was posted at the end of September and some of the products that I use now have changed quite a bit. I love finding new products, especially when they are better than the ones I am currently using! The products that haven't changed are my bronzer and mascara. You can read what I think in my last post here so I won't go into too much detail. I am still looking for a new bronzer though. Even though this one is light matte, I find it too dark for my skin. Any recommendations?

I don't always use this primer, just on the days when my pores are looking particularly big! There are lots of primers out there these days and I want to try some others. So if you can recommend a good primer, please let me know. I had a Foundation Match Made consultation at the No7 counter in Boots. You can read about my experience here. I have been using this foundation ever since and I love it! I apply it with the Real Techniques Expert Brush and it provides great coverage with a matte finish. I think everyone who writes a beauty blog owns this concealer, but the Lasting Perfection Concealer is amazing! It provides great coverage over blemishes and spots and is so cheap. I find it's too thick to use under my eyes, so instead I have been using the Illuminating Touch Concealer. This is perfect for covering up dark circles and brightening the eye area. I use the Real Techniques Foundation Brush to blend both concealers. Even though I am using the Stay Perfect Foundation, which is matte, I still find I need powder in certain areas. The Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is perfect as it really is matte and doesn't appear cakey. I have used my Clinique blusher for almost two years now, but I recently decided I wanted a more neutral blush for the winter. I spotted this Rimmel blush in bronze and decided it would be perfect. I also use it for contouring but I am new to the whole contouring technique and I'm still learning! Any tips? I am honestly surprised at how good this eye shadow palette is. I love neutral eye shadows and you can create so many looks from this one palette. I'm also surprised I haven't hit pan with any shades yet as I'm always using it! This is my second Topshop lipstick and I love them both. The formula is so creamy and moisturising. Rumour Has It is a lovely nude shade perfect for the daytime.

Can you recommend a bronzer for my pale skin? Do you have any contouring tips for me?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

9 comments:

  1. Love this sort of post Rachel! I use the Lasting Perfection concealer, MUA palette, Porefessional, Stay Matte powder and also love Topshop lipsticks! I really can't recommend the Collection Shimmer Shades block in Way To Glow for a shimmery intro to contouring - it's a block of 4 shades: a cream colour, a peach colour, a bronze colour and a coppery colour - I use them in that order working down my cheeks with the lightest cream shade on the tops of my cheek bones to really brighten up the area, then the peach for a flush of colour, the bronze colour slightly lower and then a mix of the bronze and copper together (as the copper is quite dark on its own) at the bottom where your cheekbones are most defined (if you pull a fish face, sounds weird I know but it will really help you with contouring!!!). If you use something like the Sleek Contour Kit which comes in 3 shades - light, medium and dark I think (if you're lucky and can get your hands on it!) then you only get 2 shades and it's just about having the lightest shade on the top and the darker shade on the bottom with a nice subtle flush of colour in the middle with whichever blush you choose! High end versions I really recommend MAC mineralise skinfinishes - Lightscapade is a great illuminator. As for bronzers I love MUA bronzed perfection, Vivo bronzer in Golden Days, or Benefit Hoola if you like a really matte finish - don't forget you can always blend with illuminating powders or even a blusher to make it lighter :) MAC mineralise skinfinish in Soft & Gentle or Estee Lauder illuminating powder in Shimmering Sands are both beautiful bronzers too if you don't mind paying that bit extra :) Sorry this comment is so long, hope it helps you!
    autumnleaves-x.blogspot.co.uk
    @rebeccalouiseee
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh and the Real Techniques contour brush from the Core Collection is great!

      Delete
    2. I will start again! I just write a long reply and then it disappeared! Grrrrrr!

      Hi Rebecca-Louise. Thank you very much for your comment and the tips and recommendations that you gave me. The Collection Shimmer Shades sounds good with the different shades but how shimmery is it? I don't like a shimmery face. I definitely wanna try the Sleek Contour Kit, it seems a good place to start. Let's hope I can get my hands on the light one! I might purchase the MUA bronzer to try as its such a bargain! I have Hoola but I find it too dark for my pale skin. I really want to try the Topshop highlighter as well. I think I need to go on a spending spree soon! But I move into my house on Friday and will start paying a mortgage! Thank you again for your help :) I will have a look at your blog :)

      Rachel x

      Delete
    3. The Topshop powder highlighters are great, I have both but would probably recommend Crescent Moon more as Sunbeam is VERY gold and Crescent Moon is much more natural looking! With the Shimmer Shades, the peach is the most shimmery so you could try a matte blusher (my personal fave is The Balm Frat Boy) but still use the cream and bronze shades very lightly and then blend the matte blush over the top :)
      Aw thank you for looking at my blog! Good luck moving into your new house :)

      Delete
    4. Yeah I want to try Crescent Moon. I think it will suit my skin better. Thank you for the tips. I will add then to my shopping list!

      Thank you, I'm so excited!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. great post! i also love the lasting perfection concealer :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Yeah it's great isn't it?! Bargain at £4.19!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. I also agree crescent moon is nice! Your blog is great :) . I'm running a GIVEAWAY on my blog you should check It out Hun open to everyone. pocockins.blogspot.com Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :)

    Was the highlighter limited edition? I went to get it and it wasn't in store and it isn't even online anymore!

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...