Great Gifts: How to Christmas Shop for Everyone in Your Life | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Great Gifts: How to Christmas Shop for Everyone in Your Life

Monday 9 November 2015

Great Gifts: How to Christmas Shop for Everyone in Your Life

gift-444520_1280.jpg
image source
Yesterday I saw something on Facebook that scared me and made me super excited at the same time. It was a meme that said “Just 6 Mondays until Christmas.” This year has flown way to fast and now we are coming to the end of it! I can’t believe it! Anyway, there’s no time for dwelling on that. Christmas is approaching super fast and it is time to start thinking about presents!

I hate leaving my Christmas shopping until a few days before Christmas. It is too stressful that way - the shops are too busy and there may not be a lot of choice available. That is why I like to plan my shopping list well in advance and I fully recommend you do the same. Also, the sooner you start Christmas shopping, the longer you can enjoy everything Christmas and if you love Christmas like me, that is no bad thing! Here are a few ideas to help you shop for everyone in your life, so come December 25th there will be no excuses for bad gifts.

Partner

This is the big one - shopping for your partner. There is a lot of pressure to do well, especially if it is you first Christmas together. I always think that things like fun days out make much better presents than the usual book or DVD. It is something you can do together and build a memory from. I bet you didn’t know that things like a romantic couple's day at a theme park existed, but they do! So think carefully about what your partner enjoys and how you can turn that into an adventure for the two of you.

Parents

It is easy to play it safe with mum and dad, but why? They want something fun just like the rest of us. Maybe they would love to do something together. If your mum loves Strictly Come Dancing, I bet she would love to take your dad to salsa lessons.

If your parents aren’t together, it is no problem. Think about cool things they can do with their friends or new partner instead. Perhaps you can find a fun day out just the two of you for some extra bonding time.

Siblings

Don’t get your siblings something functional, get them something unique instead. Think about what their passions are. If they love writing for instance, get them a beautiful notepad that they can scribble away in. When they write their first novel they are sure to think of you when the royalties come in! Alternatively, if you know they love sport, think about taking them to see their favourite team.

Niece or nephew

There is so much cool clothes for kids these days. I’m a little bit jealous. However, that is great news for your niece or nephew as you can get them looking good. Help them find their style by being the cool aunt or uncle. You can even get them similar clothes to you so you can have your own little mini me! On top of this you can get some cool stocking fillers too for an extra special treat.

Friends
Doing a group present is a great way to combine funds to create something awesome. Have you thought about doing a group holiday? Pool your funds and put one person in charge of organising a budget holiday. Each year you can take turns on who organises so you get a different approach each time. Or if this is something that is out of your budget, Secret Santa is always a great option especially if there is a large group of you. It also means you can set the budget at £5 or £10 if you need to.

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...