March Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: March Empties

Wednesday 14 May 2014

March Empties




L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution - I picked this up shortly after it first came out but didn't get around to using it for a while as I had another Micellar Water on the go. I didn't dislike it but I didn't love it either. I have tried several different brands of Micellar Water and my favourite is definitely Bioderma Sebium H2O Micelle Solution. One thing I actually hated about this product is that far too much came out on my cotton wool pad which is a massive waste. There needs to be some kind of filter. I recently picked up Garnier's Micellar Water so I will let you know what I think of that. 

Simple Eye Make Up Remover - Years and years of repurchasing. I think maybe I should take out shares in Simple - I pick a new one up every month! If it's not broken, why fix it or however the saying goes! This does the job and it actually does a darn good job or removing mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow with miminal irritation to my sensitive eyes. 

Vichy Normaderm Purifying Pore-tightening Lotion - Along with Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Purifying Gel, I picked up this toner. I used them together morning and evening for about two months, until they ran out. I know it takes a while for your skin to 'change' but after two months I was expecting to see some kind of difference but I didn't. My skin didn't change at all. Not in texture. Not in the amount of spots I had. Not in appearance (pores). Nothing. Maybe it's a positive that my skin didn't get worse but I want my skincare to improve my skin. 

Evo The Great Hydrator Moisture Mask - Aimed at dry, frizzy and coloured treated hair, this is the perfect mask for my hair. I used this mask about once a week and applied it to the ends of my hair, leaving it on for about 5 minutes before rinsing. It left my hair feeling smooth, conditioned and moisturised without weighing it down. The mask is also enriched with UV protectors which mean your hair is protected in the harsh sunlight. This will keep your hair feeling conditioned and healthy while preventing your colour from fading. Bonus! I may repurchase this for the warmer summer months to protect my hair, especially in Mexico!

The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream - I used to shop at The Body Shop loads when I was a teenager but for no reason what so ever, I stopped shopping there. Recently, I have fallen in love again. The Shea range is a classic and rightly so. The scent is pleasant but not too overpowering. This shower cream is soap free but it still lathers enough for anybody that enjoys a good lather in the shower! As this is a cream, rather than a gel, it is extremely moisturising. I didn't feel the need to moisturise after showering but I don't suffer from dry skin. 

Impulse Body Spray in Tease - I'm not sure I can add anything else about this body spray that I've not already said in a previous empties post. I use one of these every month as they're cheap and cheerful! I like the scent and it's perfect to just throw in my handbag. As I've mentioned previously, I use it for work as I work in a school and I don't want to waste my perfume. 

Rimmel Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact Powder in Light Matte - I have been using this bronzer for years and years. There is nothing wrong with it; it does the job. I will probably repurchase the light matte version again in the future but for now, the time has come for a change! More on the new contender in a future blog post but up to now, I do prefer it. Sometimes, the Rimmel bronzer can appear 'dirty' if I accidentally put too much on where as my new bronzer doesn't.  

Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer - As I've said before, I use this as an under eye concealer to hide an dark circles and it helps to brighten my eye area and make me look more alert! I prefer using this as an under eye concealer than the Lasting Perfection concealer as it is light and easy to blend. I find the Lasting Perfection Concealer to thick for under the eye and it can crease.

Collection Colour Lash Mascara in Clear - This is a clear mascara but it does a fantastic job of being my eyebrow gel and it's only £1.99! I only keep mine for two months as it looks disgusting and the thought of using it any longer makes me feel sick! It claims to contain proteins which I presume would help thicken and lengthen your eyelashes when used as a mascara. My eyebrows were already pretty wild and the past few months they have become out of control! I'm having to have them waxed more often! So if you're looking to grow your eyebrows or eyelashes, I definitely recommend it!

Atrixo Enriched Hand Cream - Have I ever mentioned that I am obsessed with hand cream?! I used to purchase this hand cream from Bodycare when I was at uni as it was cheap and is a pretty good hand cream. Since leaving uni (almost 5 years ago!!! WHAT?!) I haven't shopped in Bodycare as there isn't one local but I spotted it on offer in Boots/Superdrug one week and bought one for nostalgic reasons. It's a great hand cream which nourishes your hands without being greasy. 

Which products have you used up this month? Have you been loving any of these products? 

Rachel x 

Follow me on Twitter // Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Bloglovin' // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...