In The Spotlight - Eye Creams | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: In The Spotlight - Eye Creams

Wednesday 29 October 2014

In The Spotlight - Eye Creams



I'm 27 and I am not getting any younger. I believe that looking after your eyes at a younger age is much better than trying to undo the results of years of neglect. Even though I'm still young(ish), I have begun to notice a few signs of ageing; fine lines and dark circles. My body craves sleep more than it used to and the signs of a poor nights sleep is more obvious around my eyes, in particular, along with discolouration and dullness in my skin.

We all need to look after our eyes and an eye cream should be the first step you take; a simple addition to anyone's skincare routine. The skin around our eyes is very delicate and sensitive and should be looked after very carefully. My mum always taught me not to rub when I was removing make up and to simple wipe gently. This has been a great piece of advice which I have followed for years. Another great tip is to use your ring finger when applying eye cream as you apply less pressure with this finger.

Using an eye cream will look after your eyes in many ways and not only will it moisturise the area, your eyes will look brighter, more awake and any puffiness or dark circles will be reduced. I have been using eye creams for years now and here are three that I currently have in my skincare stash. I'll report back in ten years or so and let you know if using eye cream for all these years have made a difference but I'm not taking the chance!



Liz Earle Daily Eye Repair £14.75

As with all Liz Earle products, this contains naturally active ingredients. It contains beta-carotene, borage oil, Echinacea extract, D-panthenol (also know as pro-vitamin B5) and Titanium Dioxide. All these ingredients mean the eye cream has antioxidant properties, locks in moisture, helps stimulate cellular renewal and helps to reflect UV light. The directions recommend gently patting on fine lines around eye area, mouth and forehead every morning. It contains light-reflecting particles which conceal and brighten dark under-eye shadows and a premium quality mineral sunscreen which provides SPF10.

My opinions - This eye cream has a lovely texture; it's not too thin and it's not too thick which means it absorbs quickly so make up can be applied straight away. It has a slight scent but it is inoffensive.



The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream £11

Obviously, this contains Vitamin E which is an antioxidant and protects the cells from damage. This moisturising eye cream hydrates, smoothes and protects the delicate skin around the eye. It also reduces the appearance of fine lines, puffiness and dark circles. Leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth. The directions state it's suitable for all skin types and to use morning and evening. Dot around the eye area and blend with your ring finger; gentle massage helps reduce puffiness.

My opinions - This cream has a light texture. In my opinion it's a little bit watery but it doesn't take too long to absorb into the skin. I'm not too keen on the smell but that's just me and my nose is far enough away from my eyes!



No7 Protect & Perfect Eye Cream £15

No7 Protect & Perfect Eye Cream protects young skin to delay the first signs of ageing. It boosts radiance & visibly improves fine lines. It reduces dark shadows and puffiness and gives the skin a brightening boost. Created specially for the delicate area around the eyes. The unique blend of protecting and renewing ingredients leaves skin soothed, smoothed and revitalised. No7 have a patent pending next-generation anti-oxidant complex to help shield against free radical damage, plus their skin firming pro-retinol peptides complex containing Lipopeptides and Matrixyl.

My opinions - This eye cream is again on the lighter side but absorbs very quickly leaving a smooth texture behind. It doesn't have a scent; not one I can smell anyway.



My favourite of these has to be the Liz Earle Daily Eye Repair and I will definitely be repurchasing in the future.

Do you use eye cream in your skincare routine? Which is your favourite eye cream?

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...