December Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: December Empties

Friday 3 January 2014

December Empties




Trevor Sorbie Beautifully Straightened Protect, Flatten and Shine Spray - I used this to protect my hair when straightening it. I must admit though I'm not a fan. Although I have dry hair, I had to be careful as too much product left my hair feeling greasy. I can't say it left my hair looking shiny either but that may be because my hair is really dry. I'm so glad this is finally finished. I won't be purchasing it again. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Fresh - Dry Shampoo is fantastic for those days when you don't have quite enough time to wash your hair. I know a lot of people use dry shampoo to give them volume but as my hair is very thick, volume is not something I lack! This scent is quite nice but my favourite is definitely Tropical. I have only used Batiste Dry Shampoo so I cannot compare it to other brands but it works for me and it's cheap so I will continue to purchase. 

Sanctuary Spa Body Wash - I think I received this in a gift set last Christmas! I have that many bath and body products that I only just got round to using it up. Without using a body puff or something, I found it doesn't lather up very well but it's lovely and moisturising as it contains little beads of moisture throughout. I would use this again as I love the scent of Sanctuary products but I wouldn't go out tomorrow and repurchase as I have a tonne on shower gel! 

Impulse Body Spray in Tease - Another can of Tease body spray! This continues to be my favourite body spray which I just throw into my handbag as it's perfect for work. I've hardly used it since being off work though as I've opted for my favourite perfumes instead. 




Sure Clear Pure Crystal Anti-Perspirant - A boring product to include in my empties, I know! But it's a necessity. This has an inoffensive scent and has been perfect at not leaving any white marks on my clothes. I always opt for deodorant that doesn't leave white marks as that can be embarrassing and rather annoying when you get white marks all over your favourite black dress! I prefer spray deodorants as they dry quicker but last year I had a cough for months which I couldn't get rid of. As soon as I stopped using spray deodorant, the cough went!  

Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser - I haven't used this for about a month now as I ran out early December. I am actually missing how it felt on my face and that Liz Earle moisturiser smell. I may have to repurchase just for those reasons! This was my day moisturiser and I am running out of my current one so this may be back in my skincare routine soon! 

Simple Eye Make Up Remover - I have been using this eye make up remover for years! It's the only one I've found which doesn't sting my eyes too much but it does a little. A while back I tried my Bioderma (below) to remove my eye make up and it did the job without stinging my eyes. I don't know why the fear was there. I might repurchase Bioderma again and cut down on using two products when I can just use one. 

Bioderma Sebium H2O Micelle Solution - Everybody raves about Bioderma and I couldn't wait to try it for myself. I opted for the Sebium version as I have oily skin and I was not disappointed. I will definitely be repurchasing. It left my skin feeling clean pre-cleanse and I actually really liked the smell. It's a bonus that it works to remove eye make up without stinging my eyes. Pass me my next bottle please!  






Moroccanoil Treatment* - This is actually one of my favourite products for 2013. I started using it in Summer and my hair has never been so healthy. I received the 100ml bottle with a pump for Christmas and I'm so happy that I can continue to nourish my hair. It's brilliant as it actually cuts down on drying time, which for someone with long, thick, curly hair, is a lifesaver! 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Another 2013 favourite and for a lot of people I can guess. It's provides great coverage, lasts all day (may just need reapplying if you're going out after work) and is a bargain at less than £5! I will continue to repurchase and I actually have about 4 backups for when I run out! 

Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara in Black - This is one of my favourite mascaras that I have tried. It gives great length, gives a great curl and doesn't clump. I have quite a few mascaras that I want to use before repurchasing anymore but I will definitely re buy this one again. Rimmel do a version with a curved brush, which I have tried, but I wasn't a fan. I couldn't get into the corners of my eyes and it wasn't as good for the bottom lashes so I will stick to the straight wand.

Rimmel Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact Powder in Light Matte - Another product that I have used for years and years. It does the job but it's nothing special. I always pick up the light matte version as I'm pale and as I sometimes use it all over my face, I don't want glitter everywhere. I recently purchased The Body Shop Honey Bronzer which I am going to give a try and we'll see which one wins! 

Which products have you used up this month? Have you been loving any of these products? 

Rachel x 
Lost In Lipstick

Follow me on Twitter // Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Bloglovin' // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...