2014 Wishlist | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: 2014 Wishlist

Wednesday 22 January 2014

2014 Wishlist

Wishlist

Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede - I fell in love with this purfume at Vogue's Fashion Night Out which is when my nose first experienced the beautiful scent of Peonies. I'm going to be having peonies in my bouquet when I get married in August so I would absolutely love this to be my wedding scent. I'm waiting until it's a little bit closer to August as I'll be too tempted to use it before the big day. I love the idea of having a new scent for your wedding day. That way you will be reminded of your special days for years to come when you spray that purfume. 

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick - The only 'high end' lipstick I own is MAC Creme Cup. Don't get me wrong, I love that lipstick, everything from the scent to the packaging but I hate going to a MAC counter. I know I'm not alone in this. I have decided I'm going to use my Boots points to treat myself to a high end lipstick. I was unsure between Chanel and YSL and to be honest, I still am. YSL are winning slightly as the packaging is irresistible! Have you tried Chanel or YSL lipsticks? Which do you recommend? 

Real Techniques Retractable Bronzer Brush & Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki Brush - I owe lots of Real Techniques brushes and I use them on a daily basis. They are fantastic quality, they apply make up beautifully and they wash really well. The ones I don't have, I don't want as I manage with the ones I've got and they don't really fit in with my routine. Often, I have wanted to pop a brush in my bag to touch up throughout the day/evening but I have been put off in case the brush got ruined or dirty. Cue retractable brushes! Genius! I have used retractable brushes before but the quality was horrendous. I'm looking forward to topping up my make up with a clean, protected brush. I've got my eyes on both of these brushes! 

Garnier Cleansing Micellar Water - I tried three different Micellar Waters last year; Bioderma, La Roche-Posay and L'Oreal. I wasn't too impressed with the L'Oreal one to be honest and Bioderma was definitely my favourite. I have actually just repurchased it. I'm interested to see if the Garnier version differs from the L'Oreal one and if it compares to Bioderma or La Roche-Posay. It's great that high street brands are attempting to make products affordable and accessible to everyone. 

Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Booster - Hydraluron is a product that is mentioned on a daily basis in the blogosphere. I suffer from oily skin but that doesn't mean my skin isn't dehydrated and thirsty for moisture. I can tell the days when my skin is looking a bit lifeless and grey. I think tiredness also affects me. Hydraluron is a serum that is applied before moisturiser and it helps to draw moisture into the skin. (I think!) Dehtdration can lead to premature aging and an increase in moisture levels will lead to an increase in skins elasticity. 

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate - Last year, I attended a Kiehl's event and I received a sample of their famous Midnight Recovery. It's such a luxury product and I want it in my life. It's a product you use every night with the mantra one night, two drops. I haven't been using it every night as I only have a small sample but once I finally get my hands on a full size bottle, I will be using it every night. It costs £36 for 30ml so I may after wait until after our wedding and honeymoon. Weddings are expensive don't you know! 

Origins Clear Improvement Mask - At the moment, my skin is a mess. That's honestly the best word I can use to describe it. I think it's a combination of eating too much cheese lately along with stress. I've always suffered from spots, sometimes worse than others but at the moment it's the worst it's ever been. This mask is £22 for 100ml and I may have to treat myself and my skin. This mask claims to "gets to the bottom of skins overcast condition and clears the way for it to act its best." Drawing out impurities and absorbing pollutants, it's sure to only improve my skin.

What's on your wishlist? Do you recommend any of these products?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

Follow me on Twitter // Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Bloglovin' // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...